Little Lies and Massive Dreams

My name is Bear. I play in a band called Talking About Commas and live and work in Providence, RI. I like music.
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter

Oct 1, 2010

Worlds are colliding: BTS takes on the Dead

So I'm going to see Built to Spill on Saturday night at the new Met cafe in lovely Pawtucket on Saturday night. I can't friggin wait. Not only is this a brand spankin new venue (RI translation - "It's the new Met cafe, which is where the old Blackstone Club used to be) only 2 blocks from my house but these guys are in my top 5 to boot! Anywho, I was looking at some set lists from this tour to see what they've been playing and I keep seeing "Ripple" pop up. I found this clip of the song on Youtube. I think it's pretty cool and I like how they put their own spin on in and basically bail on the famous acoustic guitar intro - which is also the vocal melody. Bravo boys, bravo. See you on Saturday!

EDIT: Saw the show, it was great as usual. The new venue reminds me of the old Lupos w/out a blacony. Here's the set lists.

10/2/10 The Met, Pawtucket, RI
Nowhere Nothin' Fuckup, In the Morning, Hindsight, You Were Right, Reasons, Planting Seeds, Ripple, Stop the Show, Else, Time Trap, The Weather, Pat, Carry the Zero
Encore: Randy Described Eternity, Car, Conventional Wisdom


Opener/s: Revolt Revolt, Pretty & Nice
Venue Info:
beer sitch: $5 bucks for harpoon IPA, $2.50 for a Gansett, nice.
parking: Plenty of street parking
Capacity: 515, probably half full.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home