Little Lies and Massive Dreams

My name is Bear. I play in a band called Talking About Commas and live and work in Providence, RI. I like music.
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter

Feb 14, 2010

Happy VDay folks..."Ooh-wee, that gal's the gal for me"

Just came across this Felice Brothers tune called "Love Me tenderly" on my lastfm channel and i friggin love it. I saw these guys open for Bright Eyes once but only caught one tune, "Frankie's Gun". I think I need to listen to them more. I gotta say, I'm really enjoying this surging indie-Americana scene thats coming to prominence. Anywho, being it Valentine's Day and All, enjoy this lovely number from the Felice Bros.


Lyrics:
My baby told me, darling your can't get a pardon better get a parole
I told her I'd be out by morning When the sun is dawning with a money roll
Oh-wee that gal's the gal for me, She loves me tenderly

I walk with my brand new slacks and my hair slicked back down to Donny's pier
Donny wants me to buy him a bottle but I blew my wallet on a chandelier
All for my loving gal Lenore who loves me tenderly

A bottle of scotch A dime sack and a diamond watch, wouldn't you like that?
A bottle of gin A typewriter and a violin, wouldn't you like that?

I left my blue eyed lady and went with Tony Mercedes to the gambling ring
I lost my diamond watch but in the parking lot I took it back again
All for my loving gal Lenore who loves me tenderly

A sunny day A shotgun and a Chevrolet Wouldn't you like that?
A painted scene Of horses on a city green Wouldn't you like that?

for a studio version of the song click here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home