Little Lies and Massive Dreams

My name is Bear. I play in a band called Talking About Commas and live and work in Providence, RI. I like music.
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter

Feb 13, 2010

BearBlog V2.0 - "It's a new year, i got a new change of gear, I swear"

Welcome back Reader(s)!. So it's been about a year since I last updated the BearBlog and I decided I would start up again. The previous years of posts consisted mainly of CD and concert reviews where I nitpick the minute details of the band's music. After a while I started writing for online music mags like Jambase and Tiny Mix Tapes and just over did it. As much as I enjoyed free tickets, photo passes and even backstage access at Newport Folk, I stopped enjoying concerts as I spent most of my mental capacity analyzing them instead of letting them take me to that “place” where only music can. In all reality I'll probably write for Jambase again at some point but for now I'm taking a breather from in depth coverage.

So...
BearBlog v2.0 will be more of an account of the shows (no more album reviews, but possible heads-up to tours and album releases and "2 cents" on releases, music news and bands will be posted) that answer questions like ...anything new this tour? Is the band playing well together? Is the venue cool? Did security grab your balls and feel you up upon entrance? Did you spend more money on beer than you did on the ticket?... That type of stuff. I'm also gonna write in a more free associative style, be less formal and post pics and videos whenever I can.

Another direction I'd like to take is to concentrate more on local music in addition to the national acts I see. I live in Rhode Island (home to up and comers like
Deer Tick and The Low Anthem) and there is lots of good music in the air, so if you don't live there, you may never have heard of some of the bands I will cover.....but thats a good thing. New music is good. So enjoy, read, research, click and listen, discuss, recommend, spread the word and most importantly GO SEE LIVE MUSIC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home