Little Lies and Massive Dreams

My name is Bear. I play in a band called Talking About Commas and live and work in Providence, RI. I like music.
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter

Jun 11, 2007

Review: Wilco's "Sky Blue Sky"




So this album came out about a month ago but I have to say I am loving Wilco’s new Sky Blue Sky. Wilco is a band that reinvents itself with nearly every new offering. Sky Blue Sky gives free reign to Nels Cline screeching, melodic and playful guitar work while showcasing Tweedy’s most direct lyrics to date.

The disc starts with Jeff singing “Maybe the sun will shine today, the clouds will roll away..”which is the perfect start to any commuters day. Musically the band has taken a much more organic approach, leaving out the noise effects and loops it has incorperated in the past. Straight ahead rock songs like “Hate it Here” and “Walken” mix perfectly with throwback folk anthems such as “You are My Face” and “What Light” as if The Band was backing Woody Guthrie.


Rating: home run


Key songs: “Either Way”, “Impossible Germany”, “What Light”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home