Little Lies and Massive Dreams

My name is Bear. I play in a band called Talking About Commas and live and work in Providence, RI. I like music.
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter

May 14, 2007

The Slip: 2 Nights at The Indy



The Slip threw down for 2 nights at SF's the Independent on April 27th and 28th. New tunes old tunes, first time covers, horns, steel drums, holy fuck they had it all. It would take me too long to review such a stellar 2 night stand so here are the set lists. If you dont know the songs than too bad for you!

Night 1

1: The Landing^ > Children of December^, Even Rats, There's A Lie, The Shouters, Weight of Solomon, Broke the Promised Land, Black Telephone

2: intro > The Soft Machine, If One of Us Should Fall^, Get Me With Fuji, Wine and White Soda, Poor Boy >Long Way to the Top > Poor Boy, Drown in My Own Tears*^, Steel Drum Zion**^

E: Heartbreaker***

^ w/ horns. Rob on Trombone and Kasey on tenor sax (from Disappear Incompletely). * Ray Charles cover ** Brad on drumkit, Andrew on steel drum, Marc on guitar. basically a jam but there were lots of "Zion" teases. *** Led Zeppelin cover

Night 2
I: Living Loving Maid*, Airplane/Primitive, Chasing Rabbits, There's A Lie, Cowboy Up, Suffocation Keep,Gaunte Debutante

II: All I Saw Was You , Portrait of a Scientist as a Young Man, Anything You Want** > Sometimes True To Nothing, I Hate Love, Ooh Belle, Even Rats

E: Steel Drum Zion jam***, Life in Disguise

* Led Zeppelin cover, completes the seque from the end of last night's Heartbreaker. ** Spoon cover. *** w/ all members of Holy Fuck

1 Comments:

Blogger jenna said...

i think that suffocation keep is still my favorite. how about those daytrotter sessions? my oh my.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home